Saturday, October 11, 2008

A voice in my head and a song on my heart.

So I've talked to a few people recently about how powerful and alarmingly effective AND affective the act of singing a song for someone can really be. And by "people" I mean "guys" and by "someone" I mean "women."

Playing a song over a boom box outside her bedroom window will get you a date to the prom but SINGING her a song whilst accompanying yourself on a guitar?

::whistles::

You don't even have to be that good.
Pick a song and learn it to the best of your ability. You'll thank me for it later.


And in case you want to know:

I was driving home from work tonight and Ray LaMontagne's new single "You Are The Best Thing" came on the radio. I thought to myself...if a guy performed this song for me in earnest and then asked me to marry him, I'd have a helluva hard time saying "no."

So...You Are The Best Thing.
Sing it to me (preferably in Ray's soulful and gravely voice) and I'm yours for the keeping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rays new shit was supposed to be my breakout shit

as in, doing soul and funk and nice brASS